Case Studies: Water Harvesting Solutions, Inc. (Wahaso)
For photos and more details about each case study please go to the links listed as the "public information sources".
Case 1 of 1: Condensate for Cooling Tower Make-up, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Location: GSA R.H. Metcalfe Federal Building, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Installation completion date: September, 2011
- Type, model: Condensate for cooling tower make-up
- System designed by Wahaso to collect condensate from the air-conditioning system
- The condensate is used in the cooling tower to replace water lost to evaporation
- Volume of water-from-air collected annually is 672,000 US gal (approximately 2.5 million litres)
- "The GSA was interested in conserving water in its Metcalfe Federal Building, located in Downtown Chicago, but the existing building offered limited options for a retrofit system that could reduce water use."
Public information sources:
- https://wahaso.com/projects/condensate-harvesting-systems/gsa-r-h-metcalfe-federal-building-chicago/ [accessed 2020-05-07]